Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"you complete me"

Well, I realize that I haven't update this blog in quite a while. Married life is so great and so is living in Storm Lake, IA. Who would have thought I would be saying that after spending 2 months in the middle of nowhere. This last weekend, I spent it by myself because I sent Kristine to Chicago to surprise Ilene on her birthday. But during that weekend, I realized something. It has to do with something I was working on for a devotional for church. I was working on Gen. 2:18, which is where God says that he will provide a "helper suitable" for Adam. Eventually, we find out that this suitable helper is Eve. But I looked into what that phrase means. It may be something that people treat as a cliche´in our culture. But the idea behind that phrase is a "counterpart," a "partner", or putting it together - a "counter-partner." It has the idea of completion, of being the other side to the coin, that completes it. I realized what Kristine truly is to me when she was gone for a few days. Sometimes you don't realize what you have until it's gone, and this was the case for me this last weekend. I love her with all I am, and she is the most wonderful thing that has happened to me, this side of heaven. Even though it might be cheesy line from the movie, Jerry Maguire, but it's true. She completes me, and this truth is as old as Genesis.

No comments: